Friday, April 20, 2007

Here I go again...

Well, I used to have a blog on here and then I just all of the sudden quit with the posting on it. I think it's good
though because it seems to be the only way that I am disciplined enough to get myself to sit down and journal.
Hopefully this works out. Seems to be kinda a trend these days...I don't know how much I am into being trendy
but here it goes. :)

Life has been, well, pretty lovely lately. I think it's fitting that I just list some blessings in my life to start this out.

1. My Parents: Who could ask for two more incredible people to be placed in their life? Granted there were some
rough spots in my life, but they have only driven me forward. (<---due to an incredible God...I'll get to that) From
the time in sixth grade when I set my path toward IWU my parents have supported and encouraged me to follow
the path that God was leading me to. Know that I am the girl that says "yes, Lord...okay now what did I agree to?" so
they have been just amazingly incredible in situations where even I didn't know what I was headed into. They see
everything they do for me as an investment in the kingdom and I just could never be greatful enough for all they are.
Yeah, I love 'em. :)

2. My Friends: Looking back over my life thus far, there have been many friends who have come and gone, but each
of them shaped me in important ways. There are just so many people in my life right now that are contributing to
who I am and being supportive. Probably it's you, the person who took the time to click on this and read my ramblings.
For those of you that care about my rambling life...thank you. It means more than you know and I'm sure more than
I tell you.

3. My School: Cliche or something...maybe, but IWU has really been amazing to me. I have so many professors that go
out of their way on so many occasions to assure me and give me Godly guidance. I could never have imagined how
amazingly supportive they would be! The Religion Department has considerably overdone themselves in being there
for me...and it's not like I'm the only one. I am so greatful for the way that they care about each of us.

4. My Lord: There's a commonly used sermon illustration from the scene in Indiana Jones in which he is above this huge drop off and just steps out over it with his foot dangling and a rock appears underneath where he steps. I cannot count
how many times I've had my foot dangling over the ledge and He has not just put a rock there but also chose to pour
out blessing upon blessing in every moment of my life. No matter what this world is doing around me or if times are
amazing or amazingly tough He gives me the joy and strength it takes to keep serving Him. Oh that I could grow to deal
with others in the way He has dealt with me time and time again.

5. Other: My summer job-Conference Services Coordinator, nervous but I know I'll be used.
Going to the Cayman Islands in August!!!!! The amazing Patrice has invited me to her home to chillax on the beach, hooray!



That is all for now...but how about you...have any blessings you wanna share? Love to see your comments! :)

Live like you mean it...

No comments: