Friday, June 6, 2008

Take it, take another little piece of my heart...

There's a story I read as a child called "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" that went along a trail saying that if you give a mouse a cookie then he will ask for a glass of milk, then a straw, and when he's done he'll want a napkin, then to look in a mirror to be sure there's no milk mustache, then the mouse is asking for other things in the house and eventually winds up at the end wanting another cookie. Over and over my journey with God is much like this children's book. "If you Give God a bit of your Life..." He'll take it, blow it up bigger than you had imagined, teach you to depend on Him, open your eyes to new ideas, bring new amazing people into your life, give you precious moments with Him, and when that experience is all over He'll be right there saying, "How about another piece?"

This trip was a prime example of this happening again. I cannot begin to tell you all the names, stories, and places of New Zealand that touched my life, but it was a complete God experience. I know there were many of you truly lifting me up in prayer throughout it all and I really appreciate it. We were able to see so many beautiful sites in NZ and just view the beautiful landscape that only He could put together. The team was able to be a part of so many different ministries from kids clubs, to youth ministry, to cleaning an unlivable home, to working with mothers, to loving on the elderly, to pulling weeds, to various painting/construction projects and ended with a wonderful time ministering with the 21 Wesleyan churches in NZ. There were so many wonderful relationships formed and it was apparent as we were flying out. Around 20 or so people from the churches there came to send us off with kind words, warm hugs, and parting tears. The connection there runs deep and does not end as we know that God is over it all. Certainly ministry did not first begin when we stepped foot into the country and it has not ended after we left. His watchful love is over all that continues on there, but my heart still yearns for the souls of people in NZ. My feeble ideas, worries, and fears about the trip were simply obliterated once in the country and moving in the power of the Holy Spirit.

Jet lag hasn't been awful, but I have slept quite a bit, and I am not disciplining myself very well to get back on Indiana time...whoops. I'll get there soon enough! I'd love to share more about the trip and if you want to hear stories I'd love to hear from you! Feel free to give me a call...I plan on staying in the country for a little while now. :)

When God asks you to take a big step, don't be afraid to just pick up your foot and see where He lets it land! You won't be disappointed.

"Therefore because we have such a hope, we are very bold" -Paul, Second letter to the Corinthians 3:12

No comments: