Thursday, June 19, 2008

Life after NZ

So lately I have just been hanging around Bluffton/Marion seeing people and catching up again. It has been good and it's getting to be weird that I am actually moving in 5 weeks. I get more and more excited about my upcoming position as I continue talking about it. Mostly I have been working on this crazy independent study and I cannot wait to finish it!! It will be a relief to finally not have homework for a while.

I've been listening in to some sermons from Water's Edge, the college group at 12 Stone (where I'm going). It's been good listening through them. There's been a quote I have been meditating on since I heard it. It continues to help me reevaluate things.

“I was good intentioned I just didn’t understand the Spirit of God. I thought that He was available to me whenever I wanted Him. The reality is that the Spirit of God inside of you means that you’re available to Him whenever He wants you. And that is the big difference.”

What might life look like if we weren't so disappointed when God didn't do what we wanted and started jumping at the crazy things He asks us to do?

No comments: