Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Moving

Well, the time is finally coming where I getting close to moving. I have less than 72 hours before I pull out of Bluffton and begin residing in Georgia. It doesn't feel too weird yet. I think it's because I've been talking about it for about three months now. Though, I leave so much I don't think it will really feel like I live somewhere else until I've been there for more than a month. I am excited to go and I firmly believe this is the path that God wants me on.

Many of you have still asked what exactly it is that I am doing. I am moving to Lawrenceville, GA a northeast suburb of Atlanta, GA. I will be an intern for two years at 12Stone Church there. I will be working in the Community/Global Outreach areas of their ministry. I am not sure exactly what that will look like. I will likely be helping to organize community outreach events and keeping good relationships between the church and the other ministries it partners with. I will also go on some global and state-side mission trips for the first year and then possibly lead some trips the second year. Ultimately, I believe that this position works great with the skills I already have and that I will be able to serve the church well, but more so, I have so much to learn about ministry and I have the opportunity to learn practical ministry from a church and people that are being powerfully used. I will live in a host home for my time there and likely get another part-time job to pay the bills. :)

This move will not make me a millionaire. And I know that there are LOTS of people I graduated with that will be making significantly more. But my prayer has never been to be wealthy beyond belief, but rather that He would provide for my needs. He has yet to leave me stranded, and I know that He doesn't intend to. I look forward to this journey with Him. I don't know all of the steps, nor would I want to. If I did then I would not be trusting in Him, I'd be trusting in myself.

Goodbyes are just so weird. I hope to see people again, but I don't know how often or how soon. I know many of the relationships in my life will change. Some people I am close enough to that they will call and keep in touch, but I know there are some that I really may not talk to much again, just because our lives are taking different paths. So it's hard to have the right words to say to people. I have been able to say goodbye to many of you, but I'm still around for a couple days so if you want to hang out let me know! I drive down Friday morning, will be staying with friends Friday night, and then move into my host home Saturday afternoon. My position begins Monday morning at 9 am. I would love your prayers as I continue in this process! Check back for updates to come...

No comments: