Saturday, October 11, 2008

Life keeps going...

Week to week the time goes by so quickly. I feel like I've hardly begun a week and it's already ending. I'm keeping up with the 12Stone, receptionist, master's schedule pretty well I think. Learning more about life on my own and what that really means. There is a lot to do, but really few parameters on me. Which means that I can get through this time if I want to, or I can choose to make as much of it as possible.

Recently, I have had some pretty cool opportunities of connection in the community through our benevolence work (assitance to those who are financially burdened) and through the Co-Op in Lawrenceville. It seems like everywhere I go though people are asking..."Why are you doing this, you are so young, everyone who volunteers for this stuff is old??" "What, you moved 10 hours away for an internship at a church?" "You know there's not much money in ministry...right?" I think in the process of just taking steps forward that I know are what God has asked of me, I forget a little bit how absurd it does seem to everyone else. But it's not absurd to me because I know this is what I was created for. Every life experience I have had has led me to this point and many of those life experiences I have been able to use with people specifically in that situation. Even down to my personality type and the way I think fit with where I am today. And really, once I know what God has called me to do, it's really a matter of doing it. I know that for my life God has called me to be a part of compassion ministry in the church and that someday He will want me to have a position of influence, whatever that may look like for me. In that there is a lot of responsibility because He asks us in Colossians 3 to "live a life worthy of your calling." There is a high calling on my life and so every step of it must not be halfway done, but done well. It doesn't call me to take shortcuts and do "good enough." It calls me to go the extra mile, to push myself, and to take steps I cannot do without His help.

Almost daily, there are things I know I cannot do, but I have to walk forward an He gives me peace. I have no idea where the steps I am taking now will lead me. But I am thankful to be walking in Him and know that whatever it is will be better suited for me than whatever I would choose myself.

No comments: